• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915-a3 help

Steverfd

I think I'm in the right place..if not move to appropriate place......I am in a 2003 m915-a3. On trip up last night bobtail my right rear led turn and tail was very dim and not working for turn or brake....got appropriate voltage and ground so I just thought the board failed within the light itself....got up to Indiana connected to my trailer at crane navy station and now no turn or brake on right side of trailer.....I unplugged led light at tractor thought it may be pulling down and no go......all fuses look good that I can find and this is in the 12 volt connection by the way. Any idea? I can't see all the relay labels and thinking I see the appropriate fuse u see center part of dash...am I missing a fuse or relay that only controls right turn and brake for both the tractor and trailer?

Thanks for any help guys. First time poster long time lurker. This is used by our police dept to fetch items from various bases on the 1033 program.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and although a fuse can look good it can still be bad. Swing by a Wally World or any auto parts place or Radio Shack and get a cheap meter. That will greatly aid your troubleshooting.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only found one wiring diagram and I'm pretty sure it is for an M915.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay

If you want the troubleshooting guide it is:

TM9-2320-302-20

JATonka has it on his site.

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/M915TMs/m915_TM 9-2320-302-20.pdf

Chapter 2 Section/Page 0010 00

I can't say that it is very good since it amounts to taking a meter and checking the voltages around the various plugs. On the wiring harness in one drawing I saw that the cab lights and signals go through the same plug. Maybe water or corrosion at that plug.

I still have not found a wiring diagram.

Steverfd

While driving along my mind was thinking about what was wrong with 3 specific light problems were as to the things they had in common.......come to find out its 3 separate problems......the bad part about having ADD as an adult. All 5 roof clearance lights are blown, the led taillight assembly failed internally on the right rear of truck, and had a bad pigtail from tractor to the trailer that killed the right turn and break. It's always the simple things. Thanks for the help guys..... I'll try to get some pictures tried to take some but was getting loose. Actually there is a 915 a3 and a 916 later model as well that has auto and air, actually there are 2 of each. These belong to a neighboring department that are letting us use them as needed until we can find our own.

On on another note this site is being pushed by the DLA folks we deal with to get the equipment for information and repair Information.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks