• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 key code?

reb87

My 915 that I picked up from NY has some info on it. The key brand is Strattec, it is marked "C250" and under that "B". It is not the same as my m1009. Hope that helps, let us know how it goes. Did you get a staight 915 or A1? There were some good deals in NY, if I had been closer I would have bought a couple more. All I had to do to mine was add antifreeze, it was clear empty.

reb87

my 915 and 915a1 share the same key, I got the m919 first and keyless so I broke it so I could use a screwdriver to start it so I cant try one in it.

Andy1234

The key for my M920 fits all my M915A1's, as well as every one at the Jeff City lot (25+), as well as several M916's that I have tried.

So, yes, they are interchangable.

Andy

fasttruck

The M911s and freightliners have differrent keys than the M 915 & other crane carrier Am General varients, but they are all supposed to be keyed alike. However, it was possible to find individual trucks that had been rekeyed with different codes for some reason and then you had to have the key for that truck to move it.

LanceRobson

There is a direct replacement starter switch:

AIRTEX 1S6152

It has the correct connectors on it to be a direct swap. The key will be different but it will get the job done. Since I've seen a few M915 family trucks that had had the ignition switch monkeyed with ofrpulled out of the dash, I'd carry one on every M915 pick up.

Lance

Hammer

Ha, funny that I thought that strattec key sounded familiar. I had to replace the ignition in my old cj5 a few times.
I doubt I will be going for a freightliner. And if the AM General series run the same key, that is good enough for me for now.
And thanks for the part number Lance! Funny part, I might HAVE one of those sitting in my piles of parts!

Wow, for once, an old post was dug up, and some good solid info was added to it! [thumbzup][thumbzup]