• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915/M916 with wrecker bed?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone here ever think about putting a 5-ton wrecker setup in the rear end of a M915 or M916 tractor? Just got a brainfart about that idea, it might not be as rugged as a M816 wrecker, as the frame is not doubled up, but might make a road tractor a little more useful for those who have a -915 series tractor and really don't need to pull a semi-trailer.

deuceman51

I have thought about it also, but I think i'll leave my M816s the way they are. I'm sure it can be done though by converting most of the wrecker body parts to hydraulic motors and getting rid of the PTO driven parts. Sounds like a challenge to me, lol.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have thought about it. Yes it will go on the 920 no problem. I have twin pumps on my 920 and there is more than enough. The only problem I see is we have to change the rear winch with a Hyd one.