• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915: some sage advice needed - Freezing Trouble

Jericho

Have a M915 , cat trans , plagued by mouisture freezing in winter Any good ways to dry this out ! changed air dryer filter drained tanks ect heater is working any novel ways to get some alcohol in to dry it? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Have a 915 , cat trans , plagued by mouisture freezing in winter Any good ways to dry this out ! changed air dryer filter drained tanks ect heater is working any novel ways to get some alcohol in to dry it? Thanks in advance
Not sure how sage my advise will be, but there are in-line oilers that you can add to the air feed to the CAT transmission. And another dryer in that same line that you drain daily. Like you already know, that transmission wants (requires) clean dry air. I have recently seen that configuration on somebody's truck. I will try and find it and post you a picture and a little more information.

1632837300779.png

I found it! Wet in the air was the problem to be solved even though the truck is different. Maybe a read by you will see something that you hadn't thought about before now? Maybe?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can use an AD9 dryer in the factory spot exactly with original holes.

Do not put alcohol in that thing it will attack the rubber on the poppets.

You need a regulator that has a catch can for moisture and mister they run about $250 for both, maybe even add an extra tank so you have 2 wet tanks.

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The AD-9 shown in Simp’s post is the exact same one I’ve been installing on a customer’s trucks I service....you can buy an entire unit for around $125 shipped on Amazon, and the bolt-together cartridge type is disposable. So you buy a new one cheaper than you can have one serviced for, just swap in new one and chuck the old one in the trash.

Jericho

You can use an AD9 dryer in the factory spot exactly with original holes.

Do not put alcohol in that thing it will attack the rubber on the poppets.

You need a regulator that has a catch can for moisture and mister they run about $250 for both, maybe even add an extra tank so you have 2 wet tanks.
Thanks for the pointers guys. And good part numbers for the mister. Or air / water separator ? Sources to buy from. ? What oil did you use in the mister ? Marvel mystery oil, ATF ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the pointers guys. And good part numbers for the mister. Or air / water separator ? Sources to buy from. ? What oil did you use in the mister ? Marvel mystery oil, ATF ?
Air tool oil

Mounting brackets below

For mister P3NLA96LSN

For regulator see below

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks