• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 Tachograph charts

Sarge

So I just bought my first M915A1.
Wow.
My first problem was with the lights. All fixed now.
Second problem is the tachograph.
The TM says not to drive without a chart in the tachograph.
Normally I can find anything on Google, not this time.
Who can help me find a package of charts?
The TM lists them as follows:-
7-day, package of 10, cage 59197 (VDO-Yazaki)
NSN 7530-01-060-1628
part numbers:-
A 720 430 240
C1-0-9806
5AX1
8-712-134-240
Can anybody tell me where to buy them? An online store or a surplus dealer?
Or does anybody know where to buy the 'Blind Chart' ?
Thanks in advance for the hundreds of tips!!! :lol:
-Sarge

JDToumanian

I'm ignorant on this subject, but aren't they just paper circles? Cut your own... You can get 'post-it note' type adhesive from an office supply store if they're supposed to be self-sticking. My guess is the reason they don't want it run without paper in it is so ink doesn't foul the backing plate?

....I've thought of adding a tachograph to my deuce like M35Tom. [thumbzup]

Jon

R Racing

I think I may have some new 1s here some were. I put in a new tachograph in mine but left the paper out. I dont see how it will effect anything ?

Ord22

the charts were use by the truckmaster in the motorpool, to see how the driver was doing out there on the road. you can drive the truck without them. it showed the truckmaster the speed at which how fast the truck was moving.

Last edited:

Hasbeen

VDO Is still an active supplier / manufacturer of gauges and instruments,
here`s a link if it works
WebFLIS - Public Search

Skip to Main Content

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
Web FLIS National Stock Number (NSN) Output Data
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Search again?[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

NSN:7530010601628 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Item Name:[/FONT]CHART,RECORDING INSTRUMENTQuery Type: PUBLICDate of query:6/20/2011 10:11:07 PM
Note: This is a representative picture only, of this item.

Identification
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]B [/SIZE][/FONT]FIIGINCCRIT CDIIRPD MRCDMILDMIL INT CDNIIN ASGMTPMICADPESD EMIHMICHCCT393-A16670X46A11978135APSCHEDULE B: 4823400000ENAC:

Reference/Part Number
REF/PNCAGE CDSTATRNCCRNVCDACRNAACRNFCRNSCRNJCSADCHCCMSDS8-712-134-240 59197A324ZZ5AX1 59197A599AZBA 720 430 240 59197A594AZBC1-0-9806 59197A599AZB

Characteristics (Decoded)
MRCREQUIREMENT STATEMENTCLEAR TEXT REPLYNAMEITEM NAMECHART,RECORDING INSTRUMENTALXZSPECIFIC USAGE DESIGNMODEL M911 TRUCKFEATSPECIAL FEATURESTACHOGRAPH CHART,70 DAY CHART​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Search again?[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.dlis.dla.mil/webflis/pub/pub_search.aspx

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WebFLIS[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Rev 3.15.6[SIZE=-2]WDSS[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT] [/SIZE][/FONT]​

This Site Reviewed Quarterly for Accessibility Compliance
This Page Last Reviewed: May 20, 2011​

Sorry for the jumbled up mess.....I`m not a computer guy.
It`s supposed to be reference info from the "Public Search" feature from Fed-Log, or Federal Logistics Information Service FLIS...or the web- based version WEBFLIS

Also....back in the day...there was a company called "Engler"....they pioneered the "tachograph"...they are owned by Stemco out of Longview Texas....they may have availabilty on charts if VDO doesn`t.

hope this helps .

Hasbeen

p.s.

I`ll bet this "copy and paste" mess is gonna have the moderators scratchin there heads.....sorry guys....just trying to "help a brutha out":beer:

Hasbeen

YEAH....It`s a "mess"....

The link works, but the "pasted" page is an absolute, scrambled up, bunch of useless computer jargon.

The link is an incredibly valuable tool. Plug in an NSN, and it will give all "approved sources"...their part numbers, and a "link" with their cage code and contact info.

Enjoy....and sorry for the previous, scrambled up post.

Hasbeen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks