• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 Cargo

martinwcox

Kept the the 5th wheel to sell rather than mount in the bed which I have see done, add some complexity and it can end up being to high.

Dan,

Still hauling the tank but only needed the Pintle for the trailer.

The bed overhangs the back frame about 20" so some brackets were fabricated along with clips for the other mounts. With the ramps and 5th wheel removed the are plenty of holes in the frame that you can make things line up so that you do not have to drill any more holes.

The truck will be painted tan to match the Scorpion but right now I needed a 'shopping cart' to take to the Susses, NJ show, will also be my luxury sleeping platform!

martinwcox

WOW what a difference that makes.....nice looking ...Did it take long????
One day straight out, having the M936 was the best part along with a friends metal fab shop and the press brake to punch the holes and make the clips.

And SS member Vintage Irons expertise and mechanical abilities, hey I am just a nerdy IT guy!

Vintage iron

Martin is one of my best friends and we have been working on making his truck meet his needs. The 1400/20 General tires improved the drivability and the ride quality. The bed was put on for hauling parts and camping. The extra weight on the rear helps the truck's ride too. I got to drive his rig down to Sussex with the tank in tow. We cruised at 60. Mph most the way and the Cummins 400 did good on the hills. The Jacobs brakes are a must with a big load on those NY/NJ down hills.

we are planning to add a dual fuel line kit, a FASS and a pyrometer next.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks