• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m915a1 changed oil,blue smoke all the time.

akita91

Back from work,can start prepping truck further :D
After changing oil to rotell 15w40 it smokes bluish.level is fine. what it could be ?i dont know what oil was before.
Also how much transmission oil overfilled if dipstick reads nearly 3/4 of full length of dipstick.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start with the easy fix, the turbocharger. See if the seals are blown. Also, run it hard and see if that changes things.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you been just starting and letting it idle/short hop to the beer store? Take it out and run it on the highway.

akita91

Yes,You was right Sir.smoke is gone completely, only at idle.
But other weird fluctuations of water temp between 180-200f. kinda erratic spikes.it raised up to 200f on flat ,then uphill went down to 160f or so.Tilted hood,doesnt feel any heat whatsoever.
Btw. cheapest TES 295 alternative is TRX2554-TRIAX FULL SYNTHETIC ATF ,shifts smoother and less rpms than 15w -40 ,it used to go up to 2000 rpm before shifting to second gear.now it slips earlier. Fluid cost about $24 per gallon with shipping of their ebay store.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Likely crusty electric connections on the sender or gauge. Engine does not change temp that quickly.

akita91

trace the wire with gauge and clean it up is enough ?
also what type of connector are for headlights,tail running lights,i want to replace LED as far as i found old thread it says Truck Lite 7' Phase,but i dont know bulb socket type.