• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915a1 hauling corn

reb87

Been using the 915a1 to haul corn to ADM for ethanol. The auto trans is sure nice in town. Ive been stopped at stoplights with several other semi trucks hauling corn and I can blow them away from a stop. Shifting a manual trans cost them a couple truck lengths before they are running the same speed as me. Awesome power going up hills and awesome jake brake going down. Im hauling about 900 bu of corn and weigh a little less than 80000 with my 42 or 43 foot Stoughton trailer. I even got my 93 yr old Grandma to ride with(last pic) She thought it was a little bouncy but really enjoyed the ride.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love to see those trucks "earning their keep". :driver:

I had my deuce and M105 full of ear corn back in the fall but nothing like those kind of loads.

I like your brand of combine also ;). We run a R52.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice application!
I used an M135 GMC deuce for years to haul grain, stone, etc. with no problems. And it has the "weak" transmission! I switched from engine oil in the transmission to ATF.
I now have a 1963 M51A2 dump set up as a grain hauler, also pulling a large gravity wagon behind it to the mill. I would love to have the automatic in it! I need to find a way to adapt an Allison to the multifuel. It would be really nice in my M543A2 wrecker.
These trucks make excellent farm trucks. Keep 'em rolling!

Regards Marti

nkawtg

OK, can't resist a dumb question........from everything I've read the early 915s were made by AM General.
So why do they have CCC on the grille, is that as in the Crane Carrier Corp.? Just curious......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks