• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 part's

Bighurt

I'm having trouble locating the headlamp housing and bezel for my M915A1.

Does anyone know if they are used on any other truck? Or of a M915 series part trucks?

I have the NSN from the -34 just not at this machine.

I've found the starter and spacer I need as well as the turnsignal/marker lights and rear brake light/taillights. Still trying to find clearance lamps and trailer air supply lines (should be generic, mast may be unique).

I do still need to figure out the bolt size, thread count and TPI for the starter bolts.

Appriciate any help.

You might try calling GM Trucks & Equipment in Laredo, TX (956)726-9260.
I don't know if they are parting out any of these trucks but they seem to have alot
of the M915A1's that came from the Saginaw, Tx lots. They are mostly singled out on the rears and missing parts here and there. The trucks are listed at truckpaper.com

Bighurt

Just an update.

I've found;

-Starter
-Spacer plate
-Batteries
-Headlamps w/housing
-Marker/turn signal lights
-Brake/tail/reverse lights

Still need;

-Clearance lights
-Mirrors
-Starter hardware
-Trailer pneumatic connections
-Trailer Electrical jumper
-Trailer mast
-Muffler
-Exhaust
-Spare tire
-Deck plates

I've go a line on a few things, haven't pursued the spare yet. Exhaust will probably do a custom job, may try and find the exhaust brackets and go from there.

Not sure of the clearance lamps are missing just assuming, since every other light is gone. From the looks of the -34 any clearance light will bolt up.

Jim Henry is supposed to call me back he was out today, and GM trucks doesn't sell parts...

I'm probably going to have to bring a bunch of electrical in case the wiring jumpers are missing and a **** of a tool box. Kinda worried about putting the starter in, haven't got a hold of anyone on the lot in Cullman yet.

Probably will bring a case of fluids as well just in case, and a fire extinguisher...

fasttruck

12v trailer harness should be an off the shelf item in a truck parts house. Or get two SAE 7 pin plugs and 10' of harness wire and make one up. 24v military trailer harness from Memphis or Murray. Same as an 818.

Bighurt

12v trailer harness should be an off the shelf item in a truck parts house. Or get two SAE 7 pin plugs and 10' of harness wire and make one up. 24v military trailer harness from Memphis or Murray. Same as an 818.
Yeah I found 12v, but would like a 24volt. Just need to find one...haven't looked to hard though.

I don't think I'll find a mast so I'm going to build one. I think this summr I may build a headache rack and modify everything for such. Should look ok... haven't figured out how to make it look original and keep the spare...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The intervehicular air brake hoses are Velvac p/n 022001, Velvac.com, available at your local heavy duty supply house.