• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A2 M915A3 Freightliner Tractors?

Army Ed

personally with the experience ive had with about 40-50 of these i would always go for anything BUT an A4, there were so many issues it wasnt even funny. But sometimes you do get lucky and find a gem out of all the junk

FreightBoss

[h=1]I just picked up my M915A2 and drove it back to PA. Does anyone know where I could find an affordable Detroit Diesel Diagnostic Link system...software and cable to interface with the engine?[/h]

FreightBoss

Hi I have been using my M915a2 commercially...is there an easy way to cross reference the NSN part numbers with civilian sources? I have had problems getting the correct parts when needed.

FreightBoss

Has anyone put a PTO on a M915a2 ? I was looking at the access point on the tranny and it doesn't look like there is enough room without moving the battery box and a bunch or other accessories

Bandit02

They should have put the newer DD15's in those trucks versus the 60 Series. The 60 is a terrible engine in terms of oil leaks, turbo failure, plus the jakes are alot weaker then anything Cummins/Jacobs ever produced together. they should have either put a DD15 or a nice single turbo C15 Cat in there and those trucks would motor!

I spent a long time working at a Western Star/Freightliner dealership and I was glad to see the 60 been updated with more modern, common rail solutions.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should have put the newer DD15's in those trucks versus the 60 Series. The 60 is a terrible engine in terms of oil leaks, turbo failure, plus the jakes are alot weaker then anything Cummins/Jacobs ever produced together. they should have either put a DD15 or a nice single turbo C15 Cat in there and those trucks would motor!

I spent a long time working at a Western Star/Freightliner dealership and I was glad to see the 60 been updated with more modern, common rail solutions.
These trucks are at least a decade older than the DD15. I suppose the A5 could've had a DD15, but it also has the Series 60.

FreightBoss

M915a2 axle and differntial

Does anyone know where I could pickup the forward rear axle assembly for the m915a2...I thought I just needed to replace the axle seal but the axle spine sheered so I think the whole thing is toast...freightboss tractor in better times.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone know where I could pickup the forward rear axle assembly for the m915a2...I thought I just needed to replace the axle seal but the axle spine sheered so I think the whole thing is toast...View attachment 600513

Should be available at a local truck salvage yard. You would need the tag number off it. Or call TruckPro they have shops all over.

FreightBoss

Help!
Does anyone know where I can find a flywheel housing for the M915a2. I think it is pretty generic on the 60 Series Detroit but I wasn't sure if it different since it meshes up with the Allison tranny instead of a Fuller or Eaton transmission?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks