• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 NTC-400, transmission options?

Jeep Nasty

So If my truck doesn't sell soon, I'm planning a big project for it. The current CAT 7155 runs great but it is a lot of shifting. I want to start thinking about my long term options for a replacement automatic transmission down the road. I would like a 6 or 7 speed. I know the HD4070 was put in some of rebuild m916's, but is way out of my price range. What would be some good options that would bolt up to my NTC-400 and possibly some types of transmissions that would be available on the surplus market for a reasonable price. I often see many transmissions that have sold at auction but not sure what is out there that would be an "easy" swap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks