• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 Super Singles on Front

Construction

Tried to put 22.5" super single rims with 445 65 22.5 tires today on my M916 today and the rims would not fit over the brake drum. The stock rims are 24".

It looks like others have super singled out the front of a M916 or M920? What rims did you use?

Thanks

86m1028

20" Hemtt wheels with a little creative grinding to the drum and valve stem.
Thats what I used.

As for grinding, I pulled my frt drums & had the outer corner edge machined down to clear the wheel & valve stem.

Search user M920 he posted some pics.

Danl

Danl M915A

Post some pics when you get the 395's mounted.
Im running 16.00R x 20's

Here is a pic of one of mine.
Nice job Sir I like that. Hows the power after the increase in tire size, did the tranny have to be recalerbrated, or are you shifting it your self.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cadilac yes I did the drum grind thing but it goes cross grain to what I have been tought. I learned from a friend the MK48 rims and tires will bolt up and match the 16x20 hight. The MK 48 drum has the correct spaceing for the rim /drum clearance. I had extra M916 front ends and I replaced the ground down drums I had cut down with new ones and used MK48 rims. I know the MK 48 stuff can be hard to find but I feel this was a better way to go than grinding down my drums. Here is the diagram if you wish to do it but don't tell them I told you.lol

Attachments

Last edited:

andy3

Wow that's allot of grinding! That's more grinding than a Miley Cyrus video. I don't think I could watch either being done.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow that's allot of grinding! That's more grinding than a Miley Cyrus video. I don't think I could watch either being done.
Well, one might be more fun to watch.... But after a while, all those sparks and crap flying at you gets annoying.

cadillac

drum

That lip on my drum is only about 1/4 high to start with. How high was yours before you had ground it ? I took alittle off but had no luck yet, but I did not grind much for the valve stem.

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want 53s the mk48 wheels (1600x21) will work and match (1600x20) on the rear. Seem to track best when combat wheels are used on rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks