• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 too tall for M129?

st8drumz

Hi, in the market for a truck to pull my m129a3 trailer and was looking at all the tms I could find to determine if an M916 is too tall (5th wheel height) to haul an M129a3. Haven't been able to find data on the 5th wheel height for that or an m818. For the trailer, it lists the "upper 5th wheel plate" as being 3'10", which is what I'm assuming should be where the 5th wheel height is for the tractor. If anyone has practical experience with the 916 and can offer advice, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi, in the market for a truck to pull my m129a3 trailer and was looking at all the tms I could find to determine if an M916 is too tall (5th wheel height) to haul an M129a3. Haven't been able to find data on the 5th wheel height for that or an m818. For the trailer, it lists the "upper 5th wheel plate" as being 3'10", which is what I'm assuming should be where the 5th wheel height is for the tractor. If anyone has practical experience with the 916 and can offer advice, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Probably Is.

Ground go the 5th wheel on a 916A0 is around 65in

Attachments

st8drumz

Probably Is.

Ground go the 5th wheel on a 916A0 is around 65in
Thanks for the reply and pic. So, if the trailer looked like that as far as tilt, would that be ok to do for a recovery just to get it home and then maybe look at using a lower profile 5th wheel or something (provided that there are no clearence issues during a turn)?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the reply and pic. So, if the trailer looked like that as far as tilt, would that be ok to do for a recovery just to get it home and then maybe look at using a lower profile 5th wheel or something (provided that there are no clearence issues during a turn)?
You can tow it. Do you have the 2 to 3.5in adapter? Or did you swap the 5th wheel out?

dmetalmiki

These people show it. But only sell to people in the UK. Maybe @dmetalmiki can receive it and then ship it over.

OK and yes, Send me your FULL address and postcode as I have contacted the supplier of the couplings and they will sell to me.. BUT, Why not contact them directly and give them your full details, ASK to ship ISPS ALL duties paid.
OK. ?Then you do not pay the VAT (22%!!!) over here as the item is going out of the country. (Taxes paid your side.) ISDPS is better and less costly.

st8drumz

Actually found a better option. Gonna pick up a 2" Holland 5th wheel on the way to pick up the trailer. I will keep that option in mind for the futrue though if I end up needing the adapter. Thanks so much to all who offered suggestions!

dmetalmiki

Actually found a better option. Gonna pick up a 2" Holland 5th wheel on the way to pick up the trailer. I will keep that option in mind for the future though if I end up needing the adapter. Thanks so much to all who offered suggestions!
There 'Ya go..job done..( Or..as 'they' say..where there's a will...."there's a LOT of..Relations!). ..:doghead:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks