• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 tractor to dump conversion

reb87

Jake brake pedal...with the auto trans you need to be able to use jake down to 1500 rpm or a little lower then let off for down shift...there is a switch on IP throttle linkage that will only allow the jake to come on when you are off the throttle...switch is adjustable...

ccequipment

I hate to high jack this thread, but since you guys love these pics here is the last 2 M920's I did with brand new 16' beds on them with a 2 way tail gate. These make great dump trucks, I have another new bed being made for another build. Check out the dump truck section in my website below for more pictures.

Attachments

Josh

I hate to high jack this thread, but since you guys love these pics here is the last 2 M920's I did with brand new 16' beds on them with a 2 way tail gate. These make great dump trucks, I have another new bed being made for another build. Check out the dump truck section in my website below for more pictures.

What tires you running on those trucks? And isnt the 920 platform the same as the 917?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Finished the M916 dump today,I still have to build a cab shield for it,but right now I am working on a another project.Here are some pics.

Attachments

eldgenb

looks good John, it sure did turn out nice. I love my truck but if I were to do it again I would build mine the same as it is now but I would have started out with a 916 for the shorter wheelbase.

3dAngus

WOW! I stand in awe of no man.
I rarely envy any.

You guys are so talented, and can do such amazing work on these military vehicles, I am in awe of the talent on this board over and over.

These dumps look fantastic, both the 916 and the 920.

Incredible what can be done. A well deserved congratulations goes out to you for a job well done.:beer:

cadillac

This summer im going to be making a slide on dump bed hopefully. Good job on that bed. I will be keeping the winch on and maybe use it for the slide and dump part of the bed, but i do not use this tractor for work just for fun and around home stuff. There are no m916 around here and it is fun to see peoples faces when they see the m916, most never seen this monster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks