• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Id just hate to see a guy not want to be a part of the hobby because he gets made fun of for asking a question. Ive had my fair share of stupid questions. lets just hope hes not 6' 8" 320lb and you get to meet him face to face.

Rmtaunton

Id just hate to see a guy not want to be a part of the hobby because he gets made fun of for asking a question. Ive had my fair share of stupid questions. lets just hope hes not 6' 8" 320lb and you get to meet him face to face.
Agreed ! We need to help not dicourage , we were all new once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rmtaunton

And funny part is , if the op pulled up in a 916 we would all be there to drool and help , I can say that cause I know personally half these guys but we are a crazy group :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big block 88

No worries there sir he better pack his lunch if he decides to throw down over an internet post. If you ever find yourself in a fair fight you have failed.

On a serious note though.... We will agree to disagree. Im not going to condone a clueless owner or operator of vehicles this size its far too dangerous for all involved especially for the ones who happen to be around 30k+ pound chunk of steel

BenRoberts

Certified insane
No worries there sir he better pack his lunch if he decides to throw down over an internet post. If you ever find yourself in a fair fight you have failed.

On a serious note though.... We will agree to disagree. Im not going to condone a clueless owner or operator of vehicles this size its far too dangerous for all involved especially for the ones who happen to be around 30k+ pound chunk of steel
Fair enough. Not trying to start anything. I feel all of you are a wealth of knowledge. The 320 lb thing was suppose to get a laugh out of people. Trying to lighten the mood.

m715mike

That has been brought up numerous times about this site on different military vehicle facebook groups. Not known as a newbie friendly site.

Maybe so.... But once you get past it, this site is a wealth of knowledge with some of the best folks I've ever met (online and in person)! I am very proud to be a part of the group, even though I've posted a few stupid newbie questions. Now I need a bigger vehicle (5-ton, M916, M1070??) so I'm forced to spend more time in the big truck forums on here, and I can be a newbie all over again!

:soapbox:

Wow, this thread has really drifted off topic! Oh and it also highlights another issue we see from time to time -- misinformation!!!! Did we ever figure out what the clear bottle is actually for????

View attachment 664189What's the clear bottle for on the floor of this truck?
Washer fluid
Oh,,,, Are you sure its not for Blinker fluid??????
In flight bathroom.
Yup, it's a urinal.

Okay, sarcasm does come-up from time to time on SteelSoldiers....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks