• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M917 Defroster question

crownfire

I can barely feel any air coming from the defroster vents even though the fan is blowing strong when set to direct the air to the driver or passenger. Even with the driver and passenger floor discharges closed, I can hardly feel anything from the defroster. Is this normal for this style heater or should I take it apart to see what's blocking the duct?

R Racing

Both my m920 and m917 are the same way . Don't know if its a design flaw or something blocking it. I had most of my m920 apart and didnt find anything major wrong with it. I did find the foam that was on the bottom flap had came off and was in 1 of the ducts.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same issue. I'm looking at putting two air ride seats in mine very soon, and putting a heat/AC unit in between the seats. I hate riding on the pass side, no room for my legs with the big heater there. I might have to rig up some long duct to do a defrost, or put a little electric unit and blower under the dash for the windshield.

My heater speed switch failed the other day, I have been just wiring up the med and controlling the temp with the pull control. I need to dig up another one.