• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M919 concrete truck

cundupa

Is there anybody out there that ran or worked these trucks? I need to learn a few things about it. A Cummins "automotive" style fuel pump will not maintain RPMs , so when using the PTO I can't keep a steady speed. My rear throttle was not connected at the pump when I got the truck so I don't know if something is missing. If somebody can post a pic of the throttle linkage at the pump it would help me figure things out.
Thanks

wellesleyhighway

Oh Yea...ran into that with our M923. Cummins Northeast, here in Massachusetts installed what is called a "High Idle Governor". We were experiencing no problem at idle when we installed a crane on the truck. However, when the "load" was placed on the Hydraulic system, the RPM would increase along with the PTO Shaft output, but the Hydraulic flow and pressure would drop dramatically. I've attached a couple of pics of the Governor, and apologize for the quality of them, so if you cant read it is says, "High Idle Governor Model TR1001 made by Teleflex Canada Vancouver, Ca (604) 270-6899. This is on an NTC 250 Cummins, so check with your local Cummins Dealer if you are running something different

Attachments

cundupa

Thanks for the reply, just called on it, he said they were hard to get right now. The variable speed pump was also about the same price. The guy also said a high idle gov. may not work for me because the pto running the mixer takes more power than a pto running a hyd pump and the high idle gov. may not supply enough fuel.
PS I'm drooling over your C 500 plow truck! If you can pull up behind a SUV and not see it, your in a REAL truck

reb87

I will try and get some pics of my stuff for you incase you can use some of my parts Im not using. Did you get a tm manual found for the mixer? Ross

cundupa

Yes on the TM and parts book, bought one from the people who make the mixer, downloaded all the TM's for the truck on line. I know I could use some parts, and good reason to take a ride out and look at your collection! I'll get some pics on here, they look different when they are painted yellow and black.

johnnyg8

Hi, Reb87,
I just won an M919 concrete mixer truck and wonder if we could chay by phone sometime for your sage tips?

Thanks,
Johnny Gregory
Healthful Living Organic Farm
Madison,NC
(336) 541-0421

johnnyg8

Cundupa,
I love your truck. I saw the barge pics,too. That really gave me confidence my M919 can get some mixin done. Could we chat by phone sometime for any tips? From the man who owns a M919.

Thanks,
Johnny Gregory
Healthful Living Organic Farm
Madison,NC
(336) 541-0421

fasttruck

M816 wrecker uses a pnumatic governer to maintain constant engine speed for crane operation. Picture attached.

Jshaw

Candies, Do you still have your M919 I'm looking at buying on and I need to pick someone's brain. I work for A ready Mix supplier in Atlanta GA so I've been in concrete business for 5 years batching and Quality Control. I understand making concrete with dry and wet batch plants, but not volumetric mixing. Different world I would assume, so I Hope to hear from you soon sir.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks