• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M919 loaded on a barge

cundupa

We loaded my concrete truck and most of the materials to make 500 yards of concrete on a barge last week. The job is at a channel where there is no access by anything larger than a pickup truck. Here are some pics of it leaving the dock and out in Lake Michigan.

Attachments

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been busy out on the Lakes this weekend, we took a 1942 built ex-Army "L" type minefield maintenance boat to Cleveland from Sandusky yesterday and towed a 1970's built LCM-8 back to Sandusky today. Attracted quite a bit of attention. What tug is that pushing the scow ahead, looks familiar to me.
September 11th, we'll be doing a "beach landing" of sorts on Put-in-Bay, Ohio for the Perry's Battle of Lake Erie commemoration. Were taking a group of Sea Cadets out these on one LCM-8 and their gear and a "Deuce" on a second boat. Landing them in Downtown P-i-B, I'll try to get some pics on the site from it.

Last edited:

cundupa

It is the Julie Dee out of Grand Haven MI. There is about a week of setting forms and set up. Should start making concrete after the holiday.

Grant

Was this in Little Travers Bay (Petoskey) last summer? I think i remember seeing that barge and possibly that truck repairing the breakwall.

cornrichard

I just saw a construction barge on the news. I t was stuck on lake Michigan and they had to chopper the crew off. I hope you are done and home by now.