• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m920 broken axle

R Racing

Ok here is my delemia, I apparently broke a axle on my m920 driving it up the driveway last weds( driveway is 18% grade with 180 degree wrap) I had aproched in to high a gear and got the truck in a hop. I didn't relize it til today when I needed to move it that the drivers rear wheel was free wheeling and not driving. I removed the paint off of the axle tag info to see if I could get a axle locally and or quickly . But it has been sand blasted to the point that this is all I can make out. There looks like there could have been more info on the tag. But it looks worn off.

A 3121 N 378

137/80

Rockwell international

Can anyone shead some light as if this seems to be correct or if you can contibute any info to help me find a replacement Axle would be greatly appriciated.

Last edited:

Bighurt

Jim the TM will have a part number.

Told you months ago you should have just let me have it, now look you're in a pickle...LOL

Trango

I wonder if the axle shafts for other, earlier 800-series 5 tons would fit. Any chance you have a length and spline count? If you are worried about gear oil spilling out, you could jack or drive that one tire up on a block, hopefully raising the bottom of the spindle above the fill hole on the pumpkin.

M1075

I wonder if the axle shafts for other, earlier 800-series 5 tons would fit. Any chance you have a length and spline count? If you are worried about gear oil spilling out, you could jack or drive that one tire up on a block, hopefully raising the bottom of the spindle above the fill hole on the pumpkin.
M920 is much too different from a M839 series 5 ton. Maybe you are thinking OP has the M939 series instead?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok here is my delemia, I apparently broke a axle on my m920 driving it up the driveway last weds( driveway is 18% grade with 180 degree wrap) I had aproched in to high a gear and got the truck in a hop. I didn't relize it til today when I needed to move it that the drivers rear wheel was free wheeling and not driving. I removed the paint off of the axle tag info to see if I could get a axle locally and or quickly . But it has been sand blasted to the point that this is all I can make out. There looks like there could have been more info on the tag. But it looks worn off.

A 3121 N 378

137/80

Rockwell international

Can anyone shead some light as if this seems to be correct or if you can contibute any info to help me find a replacement Axle would be greatly appriciated.

This is what I got for the driver's side rear rear axle shaft -

3202-Z-7384

Each axle shaft in the truck has a different part number, apparently.

There even appears to be one on ebay right now...

The M920 20 ton has much larger axle shafts than the M809 5 ton.

R Racing

Unfortunately the TM gives a general # and does not give the axle info ( Spline , Dia, Length according to the local rockwell dealer) So I'm back to square 1. The numbers I gave them off of the axle that he asked for came up obsolete.

R Racing

This is what I got for the driver's side rear rear axle shaft -

3202-Z-7384

Each axle shaft in the truck has a different part number, apparently.

There even appears to be one on ebay right now...

The M920 20 ton has much larger axle shafts than the M809 5 ton.

Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !! You are a life saver !!!! :beer:

R Racing

Jim,

I forgot to update you on the fuel shut off.

Got it installed and with the help of AMGeneral it is now working flawlessly.

Thanks again for the assist.

I owe ya one.

I'm so glad that worked out for you Richard !!:beer: I couldnt imagine climbing up under the hood everytime I would have to turn my truck off and on . :gimp2:

I was able to order that Axle off of e bay and hopefully will be back up and running soon ! I also broke a spring strap . but thats a easy fix. hopefully nothing else was harmed. When it happened I was a bit to hard on the throttle as to keep me from rolling back down the hill. The sad part was I knew better, but the truck was at cat so long I was giddy . and with the trans working flawlessly I was feeling my oats and left it in 7th instead of 4th like I normally use. I told several people I had swore the axle broke . But couldn't prove it until today when it was a limp noodle.

Thanks for everyones help !

Jim

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !! You are a life saver !!!! :beer:
Double check that I read everything right. I am not actively trying to deceive you, but I may have read it wrong. That number came out of the -24P manual.

I don't want you to purchase that axle then have it be the wrong thing and blame me! :)

Bighurt

Double check that I read everything right. I am not actively trying to deceive you, but I may have read it wrong. That number came out of the -24P manual.

I don't want you to purchase that axle then have it be the wrong thing and blame me! :)
Forward Rear Drivers side - 3202-C-7387

Rear Rear Drivers Side - 3202-Z-7384

Last edited:

Bighurt

Hey Jeremy, could that be a 3202-C-7387 ? not finding the 3202-Z-7387 It could be right but I haven't found it online yet ?
yeah...that's weird I copy and pasted the numbers...

And it cross references to a MERITOR number since Rockwell makes MERITOR...LOL

Last edited:

Trango

M920 is much too different from a M839 series 5 ton. Maybe you are thinking OP has the M939 series instead?
Guilty as charged - sorry, I had just looked at 5 ton axles on eBay and was of a one track mind. Excellent deduction, by the way!

Best,
Bob

kochevnik

Big thx Bighurt for that manuals site - they had EVERYTHING in one place on their home page - that is a great resource - I even found M1070 manuals I have been looking for - many thx again.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'm taking "LH" to be drivers side and "RH" to be passenger side.

Here is what the -24P says.

Forward Rear Axle -

12 PAOZZ 78500 3202-Z-7384 .SHAFT,AXLE,RH 1
UOC:U22,U23,U24,U25,U26

18 PAOZZ 78500 3202-C-7387 .SHAFT,AXLE,LH 1

Rear Rear Axle -

10 PAOZZ 78500 3202-C-7387 .SHAFT,AXLE,AUTOMOTI RH 1

17 PAOZZ 78500 3202-Z-7384 .SHAFT,AXLE,AUTOMOTI 1

I take that to mean this -

Forward Rear Axle Passenger Side 3202-Z-7384
Forward Rear Axle Driver Side 3202-C-7387

Rear Rear Axle Passenger Side 3202-C-7387
Rear Rear Axle Driver Side 3202-Z-7384

---

I'm not clear on which one you broke - I assumed "driver's rear wheel" meant the rear rear axle. I've always called them front, middle, and rear, not front, forward rear, and rear rear as the TM does.

I hope I haven't steered you wrong. :mad:

R Racing

Yes its the drivers side rear rear, lol I just want to get it fixed but yes its the rear rear on the drivers side. hopefully the mystery will be solved soon .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks