• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M920 Drop side Deuce bed.

crasheej

Nice to have the right toys when you need a little help. I can't get my brothers to think that way. Oneof these days one of them will get hurt useing tractors to lift stuff around with. My self I like to be able see what i'm doing. Have more control with the 816.:grd:

goldneagle

Nice truck! I was thinking of the same idea. Why don't you remove the back winch and put a small shelter or extend the cab with a sleeper?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck! I was thinking of the same idea. Why don't you remove the back winch and put a small shelter or extend the cab with a sleeper?
Can you say motel 6. Just going to use it for recovery and at the mud bog to carry kids. If I wanted a camper I would use on of the outher motor pool trucks.

Attachments

PorscheTech911

I hate to dig up this old thread again, but we were talking about this truck in the new chatroom and I was wondering if we could get some more photos and a good video of it running/driving if you get time. It's just incredible and I'm still shocked at the shear size.

Thanks,

PT911

SixSpeed

Banned
I have some photos. (Cell phone only, I had brought my camera for the event, only to realize the battery was flat dead) I went with Floridianson to pick up a M817 out of Albany, GA. About 400 miles for the round trip. Went quick by military vehicle standards. The 920 absolutely didn't care there was an extra 10 tons on the back.

PS: First time overtaking anything in an MV, lol.

Attachments

eldgenb

were you doing 64 mph while flat towing!! If so you guys are brave. Its amazing how small that 817 looks compared to that 920:beer:

SixSpeed

Banned
Pictures are in order, so we didn't do 64 while flat towing. Don't think we went over 60. Kept forgetting something was back there!

I can't remember what RPM we were at, topped out near 70 though!

eldgenb

Pictures are in order, so we didn't do 64 while flat towing. Don't think we went over 60. Kept forgetting something was back there!

I can't remember what RPM we were at, topped out near 70 though!
Oh gottcha, that is good to know about the speed, I wont be in a hurry to regear if I can do 70

Hammer

With the 16's and the cat 7155, what is rpm difference between those top gears, around 300 rpm, or more?
Sure do like the looks of those trucks with the 16's on them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks