• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m920 stuck in reverse

terraglide

I just got an m920, put batteries in and fire it up, presto! tranny won't do anything. after fooling with it for 15 minutes it goes into gear and runs, then i put it in reverse
to turn around and I'm stuck in reverse. It actually goes into reverse when I put
it in forward gears. I have 16th gear in reverse! I'm sure it's from the truck sitting for years without running, probably an actuator stuck. If anyone has info that could help
I'd really appreciate it.

R Racing

Try some air tool oil in the air tank under the drivers side, Then shift it til your blue in the face, LOL. Also whats your air pressure at? Should be around 120 to 125 PSI.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea air tool oil to start but I might put it in the main feed line for the trans. Have you taken off the inspection cover in the cab to gain access to top of trans. and given a look sea.

terraglide

Sounds good, I'll try air tool oil and go from there. I didnt notice the inspection cover, but that'll be
the next stop it the oil doesn't do the trick.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cover will give you a good look at all the vent caps and top air plate. I would start there looking for missing vent caps and pluged ports.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just got an m920, put batteries in and fire it up, presto! tranny won't do anything. after fooling with it for 15 minutes it goes into gear and runs, then i put it in reverse
to turn around and I'm stuck in reverse. It actually goes into reverse when I put
it in forward gears. I have 16th gear in reverse! I'm sure it's from the truck sitting for years without running, probably an actuator stuck. If anyone has info that could help
I'd really appreciate it.
are you sure the motor is running in the right DIRECTION, I don't see how you can drive in reverse while in forward unless the motor is running backward

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
are you sure the motor is running in the right DIRECTION, I don't see how you can drive in reverse while in forward unless the motor is running backward
The reverse valve is not releasing or popping off allowing any forward gears to be slected.

promodhotrod

Assuming all the preliminary check are good, I would recommend going thru the pressure regulator adjustment procedure in your TM if your having any odd shifts. If the regulator is sticking , full of crud, or misadjusted you can easily damage an otherwise undamaged Cat. An ornery regulator can give you a real surprise going for 10th on the govenor and getting 6th. Also the shifter will love a nice dose of marvel mystery oil on occaision after you get it allserviced properly.
KJ

terraglide

Forward HO!!! I cycled the tranny multiple times and got it to break loose, still gonna use the tool oil
in the air tank. It's shifting well, so I think it needs to be driven more than anything.:driver:
Again, Thank You all for the help. I'll keep ya posted.

Parker