• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923/925

MATT

Hi,

I am looking to replace an older M800 series 5 ton(wildland fire truck) we have. Are the M923/925 series trucks a lot better? Is it worth the swap? More power, an auto trans and super singles would be nice. Any thoughts? Thanks

Westech

CPL
not a ton more on power but ezer to drive. the auto trans is kinda nice. You can do super singles on a M800 ez enough. The cabs on the 900's are a little wider so there a little more room for junk. Other then the auto trans and CTIS (if the truck has it) there about the same.

wehring

very nice to drive

The extra room in the cab is a plus. You can fit 3 husky guys with elbow room. The crawl ratio for off road use is compound by the torque converter too.

Replacement parts in your fleet (other 5 tons?) may be easier if you get a M923/925 or an A1 variant. The A2 has a different motor and CTIS.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

emr

get one with deuls. more stable , and wont rob the power so much, power is in the eyes of the beholder here, there is No more power , all 939 series motors just are not meant to be powerhouses and never will be, I preffer my 813 hands down to work, but love my 925 for the awesome factor, "of man thats a big truck, at funtions and parades, but the 813 is the workhorse in my eyes, BUT The NJ Guard who put more miles in theater than any other in the first years of the current war, I heard hands down the 939 series was the preffered truck over anything, and even the ol" timers said it was superrior to anything from Vietnam to date, in that class of vehicle, so If U are moving cargo for distances the 939 seems to be the beast, but for manuverability and still just a tough truck the 809 series, is my choice, this is an all opinion post for sure.....oh and its a real mans truck too... just sayin... :)... like I said all opinion in this post...

emr

I don't think its totaly different at all, i have driven both , and to me its like apples to apples, whats different besides the motor? most were upgraded to super singles and anti lock brakes, that is it to me, the motor is smaller but delivers some more umph, but I found no noticable difference, not enough , i have driven some older 939s that were , are real runners, and some that were not, so it really is almost impossible to say they are different in my eyes. Its almost the same everything...

halftrack

I was referring to when you jump from a 809 series to a 939A2 series. Not a Sraight 939 to a A2. Admittedly the only difference between the straight 939 and the A2s is the power plant and CTIS feature. The same goes for 809 to straight 939 series, between the two models its just a tranny change for the most part. However, in my opinion, the M809 series truck compared to the M939A2 truck are comparing apples to oranges. About the only thing that is the same are the doors, some gauges, and head lights and a few other little accessories.