• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 a1 Dash removal

sniperboy

I am getting to install some new gauges and wiper control to my 5 ton. I have removed all of the outside screws and bolts but still can't get the dash off. It seems there are some bolts underneath the dash near the dog house but I can't find them. I have looked at the TMs but can't find anything showing where the bolts are. Anyone know how to get tham off?

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when i pulled my dash (m936) only part way off, i removed the screws on the front, and had to remove the power and start switches (on the left) and i can't remember if i had to remove anything on the right side (vent controls) to allow the panel to be pulled forward. it was very tight and did not "want" to come forward (make sure your tack and speedo cables are 'free" to slide in to the fire wall, wire ties in the engine bay etc..). i only needed a bit of room to install a new fuel gauge, so did not completely remove the panel. if you haven't, try the search on this site as this has probably been done several times, some may have pictures posted.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be sure to disconnect the batteries before you start. The Tack and Speedo cable are what is holding it. Also you can remove the the power and start switches and that will help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks