• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 a1 suburban concepts

vrshack

For those that are gifted with photoshop skills, I wanna see what kind of suburban concepts can be created. I'm trying to picture a newer body style meshed into the 5 ton cowl and windshield.
Show me how would it look

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You might look at a cab from a commercial truck. More likely to fit the frame rails and openings for tires. If I had the shop space and skills I always thought it would be cool to put an old cabover sleeper cab on a military vehicle.

OldDuke6

Idea..

Find a Peterbilt sleeper cab off a commercial rig, as they are fairly common.. Cut it in half vertically, remove the bed, run stringers from the front half to the back half, and enclose the gap in the middle with aluminum sheetmetal, at a minimum .032" thickness. Every 2 feet fab vertical "ribs", and rivet it all together, the less you use cherry max rivets the better. Cherry max work themselves out eventually. Solid "AD" rivets work better. Wet install with RTV from the local auto parts store, and tie in your stringers (horizontally) to your ribs (vertically). Reference Plan B supply for their aluminum framing. Their stuff is alum welded, versus riveted.

For floor, suggest .040" thickness floor pan, and a wood subfloor, tie into bed mounts originally on truck.