• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Air Brake Lines Accidentialy Switched

Chitangi

I took my truck to the shop and some idiot mixed up the brake lines. I'm in desperate need of some sort of blue print/instruction sheet to properly connect the lines to my boosters. Each time when I'm driving and I use the brakes, it's as though I'm engaging the hand brake. The vechile can go from 70mph to 30mph as though I'm slamming on breaks. Also when I disengage my hand brake it engages the spring brake.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got your forums mixed up too.

Moved to the 5 ton forum.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I took my truck to the shop and some idiot mixed up the brake lines. I'm in desperate need of some sort of blue print/instruction sheet to properly connect the lines to my boosters. Each time when I'm driving and I use the brakes, it's as though I'm engaging the hand brake. The vechile can go from 70mph to 30mph as though I'm slamming on breaks. Also when I disengage my hand brake it engages the spring brake.
This makes NO sense, what "boosters" are you talking about, was the lines switched at the axles or each wheel,
ALSO why are you driving the truck with he brakes in this condition, after it warms up, give me a call (703-389-6705) and I will go and put eyes on a 939 rear air line connections so we can get your truck safe to drive,

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron maybe he's calling the cans boosters.
But I don't see how you could reverse the lines on the cans are they not different sizes.

dawico

Why didn't you immediately take it back to the shop?

I assume they did brake work for you. Have them make it right.

Chitangi

The spring brake lines and the foot brake lines have all been switched up. I'm not driving the truck, just a road test to see if the problem is fixed and this is what happened. The original problem was an air leak from one of the spring brake lines and then after taking it in for repairs this is the resulting problem.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are diagrams in the -24 TMs I think.

Last edited:

Chitangi

The fittings on the foot brakes and the spring brakes were all switched up in trying to see what the problem was. That's what I think brought this problem here.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The fittings on the foot brakes and the spring brakes were all switched up in trying to see what the problem was. That's what I think brought this problem here.
Are you calling the service brakes foot brakes, it help if things are called the right name, I am slowly training a friend this very principle.

Take it to a DIFFERENT TRUCK shop, then charge the first one for the fix since the first one had NO IDEA what they were doing, AND next time call me.

Refer back to post #3

Chitangi

Messed up Air Brake System M923 with Abs system.

Ok guys ..will be specific and straight to the point.My brake air lines have been switched on all the 4 Cans including the fittings somebody was trying to diagnise some brake air leaks and pulled all .Basically each time I apply the spring brake i get a continuos air loss from the spring brake control valve and a buzzing sound beneath the driver door,and only stops buzzing
When the hand brake is applied..which basically means they are working in opposite and also the hand brakes seems to be applied each time I apply the foot brake after driving a distance and almost brings the truck to a stop...sorry guys long explanation just need to pictures or specific diagrams to fix this mess..its giving me ****...thanks for all you do

dawico

Have you downloaded all the TMs? There are three or four different sets covering your truck, including operation, maintenance, and parts.

I believe the diagrams are in the -24 or -34 set but I can't say for sure. There is also a trouble shooting section.

Many of them are available here in the TM section on this site.

On a side note, I would guess your problem isn't as bad as you think. Just find the diagrams and trace your lines and see if that tells you anything.

Good luck.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do NOT start multiple threads(in the wrong forums), for this problem.

Continue on this thread.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You really should get the air system diagram from the TM and diagnose your problem. Using the wrong terminology to try and describe your problems won't help anyone figure it out for you. If someone does come up with the solution, you may not understand what they are telling you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks