• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Axle Nut socket, who needs one

springbok

If you are changing the axle seals on your 5 ton, one thing you will need is a 5" ish socket for the nut that goes up against the bearing.
Having a machine shop in the basement I made one for myself.
If anyone is in need of one or wants it for their tool collection contact me.
I am going to make about 20 of them.
NOT asking for money, just helping the cause...

As an FYI, when removing the inner axle nut
MARK WHERE IT WAS before you take it off.
Anything else people may need please just ask.
Again, it is just to help everyone out. I enjoy making things.

goldneagle

I could really use one soon. I have a leaking inner seal. You may be able to fit one in a Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope. Less than $6 and $50 free insurance. You can ship up to 70 lbs in it.

insas

I would definitely take one! I also think it's reasonable to at least pay for materials on top of shipping, even if you're not charging for your work!

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm interested as a new owner of a M939A2.

Edited to be more clear: Would like both sizes if you are making both, and would reimburse your costs and shipping for the set, if you decide to make them for the group. Thanks

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks