• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Battery Relocation Idea

machinist75

I have an idea for relocating the batteries on my M923. I am wondering if the battery boxes off an older m813 would fit on top of the rear tool box. There's about a thirteen inch gab between the top of the box and the bottom of the bed. Might have to move that side marker light back a few inches, and move the jerry can holder to the mudflap nearest the toolbox. So if someone happens to have a m813 sitting next to a m923 and can lay a tape measure to it I would be greatly appreciative.

Attachments

machinist75

Yeah I've seen that one. Bret had a good idea. Just trying out another option cause there dosnt seem to be a lot of the 915/916 trucks being scrapped out and readily available.

Tornadogt

I have some 813 trucks and a M923a2 here, I'll take some measurements tomorrow and some photos if it helps... From what I understand you want to just put the Batteries on top of the current side box on the 923? It looks like it would fit but I think you would have to make a new top for the 813 battery boxes.

machinist75

I have some 813 trucks and a M923a2 here, I'll take some measurements tomorrow and some photos if it helps... From what I understand you want to just put the Batteries on top of the current side box on the 923? It looks like it would fit but I think you would have to make a new top for the 813 battery boxes.
Thats it. I was thinking I would have to rework something, but the batteries would slide in and out and be secure.

Artisan

If "someone" made a sturdy pull out battery holder for that area they
would have a hit. I would venture to suggest just two Sears B-14
batteries and maybe an AMMO CAN or two next to the batteries for more tools.

I just have not been there, yet, to make it. I got sidetracked and bought an M916 and it
dwarfs my 5Ton but were almost done cherrying out the M916
and I have been eyeballin' the 5TON...that might be a good place to
start, again, on it.

Motorhome pull out bearing slides will do the trick nice I bet.