• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Bedliner Paint Job

LoveOfCountry

I’m going for a custom non-military color. More of a “patriotic” theme vs military. I’ve heard you can tint Raptor with rustoleum?

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m going for a custom non-military color. More aid a “patriotic” rig look vs military. I’ve heard you can tint Raptor with rustoleum?
In your climate you want to make absolutely certain you're starting with completely rust-free steel. Otherwise it'll rust from the inside.

No idea on tinting it.

ToddJK

In your climate you want to make absolutely certain you're starting with completely rust-free steel. Otherwise it'll rust from the inside.

No idea on tinting it.
That's 100% correct. Another issue with bed liners and such, deep scratches can lead to holes and over time air gets underneath it and then it traps moisture, later leads to rust. That's why vehicles with an undercoating tend to rust out extremely bad throughout the entire vehicle or specific spots, more so than a vehicle that has no undercoating. Definitely want to sand it down extremely well and make sure there's no rust. Prime it extremely well and then coat with the truck bed coating. I wouldn't do it though if at any point you believe you might load some heavy objects that can scratch that coating. If you do, you'll need to apply more of that coating over the scratches, especially those down to bare metal, to make sure it doesn't bubble up later and cause rust issues. On my old pickup, it had the spray on bed coating. One day I was in the back of it and when I stepped right in the middle the floor sunk and I can hear the metal giving away. It completely rusted out even though the rest of the truck looked fine with only minor rust spots. My guess, the previous owner didn't prep it very well and it was used a lot to haul stuff since he was a landscaper, which the spray on coating was scratched pretty bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks