• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Bow Height

ARYankee

I am attempting to install the bows that I bought for my M923. I wanted to double check to see what the height should be from the bed to the bottom of the bow. I have a couple of pockets that the bow goes down and stops at a different height than most of the others. I am going to look down in all of them to make sure there are no obstructions. I want to verify the height to make sure that I have the correct length bows and if not I can adjust accordingly.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My M927 has high side bows......I can stand up in it....something I could never do in a regular duece or 5 ton....I'm not so sure it's not a field modification but the cover does not look like it has been altered.

ARYankee

Well I did figure out why I had issues getting a couple to go down all the way.... it was one of those HUYA moments. Once I pulled my head out and got some fresh air I figured out it was the pins that hold the troop seats in since it is drop sides. I figured they would be taller but I was looking at pictures of other members' 923s and their cargo covers are about the same height as the cab.

ARYankee

There are tow bow kits(reg hight and extended hight) for the M936 trucks. The attached TM might help you on the reg hight.
I had all this info somewhere, just can't find it right now.
That will work :) Thanks. I never knew about that TM.... Gosh I just keep learning something new every day. :beer: