• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 from Ft Riley to Springfield, MO

Ue413

Purchased a couple non-running m923's at the last auction. Worked with a veritread broker to get them back.....the truck driver decided to only bring 1, and now I am on the hook and looking for some options to recover the second.

Does anyone have a load in the general vicinity that they would want to split...or have knowledge of a cost effective alternative?

thanks.....Merry Christmas

Did the driver give you a discount? If you run out of options I have a phone number somewhere of a truck owner/driver that delivered my two m923's. He lives somewhere near fort Riley.

Ue413

I paid half...$350 versus $700 quote, but I had a wrecker come out ($250) and will have that expense again, since they are non-runners.

naturally, hauling two on one trailer minimizes the per unit cost, and that was my plan until the driver changed it!

fasttruck

Depending on either the length of his trailer or the empty weight of his truck he may not have had the capacity to haul two at once because they together were longer than the trailer or heavy enough to put him overweight. i used to be able to haul 2ea m35a2 but only one 923 for the previously stated reasons. Findout what size and weight your carrier's vehicle is prior to trying to schedule two at once. Everybody wants to save money but LEAs will limit your potential sometimes. "Have a seat in my police car." is a place you do not want to go.

Depending on either the length of his trailer or the empty weight of his truck he may not have had the capacity to haul two at once because they together were longer than the trailer or heavy enough to put him overweight. i used to be able to haul 2ea m35a2 but only one 923 for the previously stated reasons. Findout what size and weight your carrier's vehicle is prior to trying to schedule two at once. Everybody wants to save money but LEAs will limit your potential sometimes. "Have a seat in my police car." is a place you do not want to go.
That BS. Sorry, but the truck driver/shipping company is responsible for making sure they are able to haul trucks they bid on. You say you want two trucks hauled, a price is agreed on, and then only one is delivered?

I have been been through many truckers who bid trucks, then say they need more money because I it's bigger than they thought. I always tell them, you bid it, that's your problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks