• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 from indianapolis to valparaiso, Indiana

Valpodeuce

Just bought my first truck from gl. What is the best and cheapest way to get it moved about 150 miles. I do not have a CDL yet. Thank you.

eagle4g63

Hi, I am over here in Griffith.......not far from you.......I might be able to help you out with a recovery......I tow bared my current deuce with my old deuce. Depending on the condition of the truck we could just drive it back.

You'll have to PM me here soon, I would like to meet you....I also have a daughter that lives in Valpo.

ducer

Welcome to the nuthouse, I'm in Ober just down the road from you (35 or so miles). I'm origionaly from Whiting. Good luck on your new truck, May The Force Be With You!

Denny

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have to say it depends on how your state looks at this type of truck, in ND since its NOT a commercially operating truck you do not need a CDL to drive it, if your state is like ours I would check the fluids brakes etc. and if the truck itself is up to the task just drive it. Obviously YOU need to become very familiar and able to safely operate the truck, I would check the laws, get insurance on it, check it over very carefully, read all that you can read on operating the truck and if all falls into place drive it to where you need to go. My final words on this would are BE SAFE, have insurance, know how to operating the vehicle
KK

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Bob Rainville @ 317 710-2240, he is a good guy and recovers trucks out of Indy. He can check it out and report back to you. He is also a SS member. Indiana is MV friendly. Call your insurance man anf get some type of coverage for the recovery. No CLD required for a POV. Get the operator manual, availble off the web. Credit card for a lot of diesel fuel. Take your time and have fun
Welcome
JC

Valpodeuce

Thanks. I am going to have a mechanic in Indy check it out. Then a firend of mine with a CDL and ex military will drive it to Valpo. Do i need a CDL in Indiana for a 5 ton m923?

eagle4g63

Best I know, NO you don't if it is for personal use ONLY......no hauling stuff for friends for gas money(that is technically "for hire"). Plating might be a bit of money though, I don't think your truck will be old enough for Historical plates.......also hope you have a place to park the truck, I don't think Valpo will let you park that in a residential neighborhood...but if you have a little bit of property you might get a way with it.