• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 from Johnston, IA to Dekalb, IL

mobhs

Howdy,

Won a M923 that is located at Johnston, IA. Does anyone have a transport company that they recommend that could transport this truck. Or any members in the area that could help me get it road worthy?

Thanks in advance
BRandon

ranchhopper

Drive it home I have bought a few trucks from johnston and driven them all home. As a rule the IANG trucks are all in pretty good condition the worst I have encountered is the deuce I drove home with no lights but I had a chase vehicle behind me.

mobhs

I'm definitely leaning towards driving it home. It's most likely the cheapest option. I've just never driven anything this large before.

Gastrap

As a rule the IANG trucks are all in pretty good condition the worst I have encountered is the deuce I drove home with no lights but I had a chase vehicle behind me.
I previewed alot of M35A2 trucks there before I bought mine and about 1/3 had no brakes and a couple had stuck air compressors. I wonder why they don't specify driven/towed onto lot anymore? It does seem the 900's are in better shape, it would be nice if they did the videos on all of them, makes it a lot easier to bid without a preview.

I was so close to bidding on an M931 last week there, just have too many projects clogging up the shop right now.

Jericho1415

Yep I got the 84, pick her up in the morning. Hope the drive home is uneventful. Talked to the SSGT this am, the guy sounds like a real peach. LOL:deadhorse:

Jericho1415

Picked it up this morning. They had her pulled up front of the warehouse. I sighed my papers he took us out started it up and said have a good day. One low tire, 1/2 tank of gas and everything works just fine. Drove it 106 miles no problems. She's a Beaut Clark.. :p Let the Zombies come now... LOL

commandojeff

I would bring some basic tools, fluids, etc... I picked up my truck from Jeff City. We didn't have to do much to it. But I did use some tools to tighten the belts cause they were super loose. Other than that, the brake lights didn't work (ended up being a simple switch). The fluids in my truck looked good and we didn't have to add any. The guy next to me also picking up a truck needed some PS fluid (which he didn't have). So I let him use some of mine I had brought. It's better to be over prepared. Good luck on the recovery! :razz: Post pics when you get her home.

Jericho1415

All the fluids had just been checked, the belts are brand new all the gaskets in the engine had been replace recently. Even a few of the air lines were new. Those boys know how to take care of a truck.

mobhs

GOt her home yesterday afternoon. The drive took just shy of 6 hours. And was rather uneventful thank goodness. Had to air up all the tires and add a little oil. but that was it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks