• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 front hubs

68hunter

unnamed (6).jpgunnamed (13).jpg

Just got a replacement set of drive flanges machined by a friend of mine at a local machine shop, I am planning on keeping the originals in the truck so I can just bolt them back on if I need the extra traction from the front differential. He took off as much material as he could to minimize the chance of the shaft contacting it and I am planning on packing a bunch of grease in there just for good measure. I have never seen a set of machined drive flanges so I am hoping I am doing this correctly, any other tips or recommendations on this modification would be appreciated. Thanks

212sparky

Looks good, I have seen a few with brass bushings inserted abd a few with a small bearing to support the axle shaft and not wear the splines out.

68hunter

When I was researching this mod I looked up a couple threads that talked about the bronze bushings as well. My machinist came over to look at my truck after I unbolted one of the flanges and he thought that the movement of the shaft would be minimal since it wont be spinning anymore, only the flange around it will turn. I am hoping there are others out there that have done it this way without bushings and have had no problems. Thanks for your input. We just bought the truck late last fall and are planning on putting lots of miles on it this summer, I wish I would have bought one a long time ago now that I finally have one