• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Ft. Riley to Florida Keys

belmor

I bought an M923 today at Ft. Riley, KS.

I plan on flying up and driving it back to Florida over a couple-three days.

Anyone near Ft. Riley that could pick the truck up and store it a week or two until I can make arrangements? It will need a jump start but has no other (reported) issues.

Also if anyone has a recovery from FL, GA, and needs a ride down the truck is available.

Thanks!
~B~

belmor

I have a ticket booked to fly into Ft. Riley on Sun 06-21 and drive the truck back. Is there anyone that lives close (taxi distance) that could pick the truck up this week so I could get it on Sunday instead of having to wait until Monday AM? I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for your time.

dmetalmiki

Well done and welcome to the hobby. You are persevering and going the way we all did when we got our first trucks. (and second, and third and...) Great initiative, check out everything you (hopefully) read on forums here on new pickups. The tools and equipment you Might (have) needed can not be taken to the pickup if your flying down, (apart from what you can cram into every pocket (fun going through the scanners!)) So be even more careful with the pre-journey Checks. I would ask if any near to members can assist here. That is one journey we will be following with interest (and best wishes) post the story and pictures of the mission.

gottaluvit

Check all your drive (propeller) shafts. I had mine delivered and upon inspecting the u-joints I realized the main shaft out of the transfer to the rear had every bolt loose where it attaches to the first differential and one bolt missing. Could have been a disaster.

Then while going over things it quit running as the fuel line was cracked. Now I have no air pressure (but did) and right tank never worked til I fixed that and the fluids looked like tar, so that couldn't have been so good on stuff either. No fuel gauges were working. Truck looks really good too. Just neglected.

Jim

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You might want to post a map of which way you are going back in-case you need assistance.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like a fun ride!! If you can I would grease the u-joints at least before you head out. I also would check the fluid level in the transmission I have found that they are over full on the couple I have picked up.
GOOD LUCK