• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 fuse panel location

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have only been able to find two fuses in my M923, and they are in the heater circuit. Is that all there is. Is the M923 like the M35, no fuses? Was hoping to find a panel somewhere but not so. Am I overlooking something? Existing threads don`t address M923s that I can find.
Thanks
JR

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brake light on M923, one doesn`t work

Only one brake light works on my M923 and its not the bulb. Changed bulbs, same results. Can`t find a fuse and can`t find a schematic. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
JR

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't seen a schematic either. There are probably individual circuit breakers that automatically reset, rather than a fuse block.

First, take the cover off the light that works, and with it lit, trace the wire out of the light housing to where the connector is. Note the wire number on the little metal tag on the wire. Then go to the side that doesn't work, find the same wire number, disconnect from the light, and check to see if there is 24v on that circuit with your test light. Use a test light rather than a multimeter, as a meter can show that you have 24vdc, but you may not have enough amperage available on the circuit to light the bulb.

One time on my deuce, the contacts in the turn signal lever weren't making good contact. It would light up real dim but not enough to flash.

Then trace the wire back if you can if it doesn't light up.

If you don't have a 24v test light, go to Napa, buy a 12vdc one, and change out the bulb. They have the bulbs that will work.

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. Will try that tomorrow. My flasher has failed, have another one coming. That might have caused one brake light to fail. I`m more mechanical minded than electrical so I appreciate your expertise.
Thanks
JR

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Negative. I`m not familiar with a -10. Do I find that under "Tech Manuals" section under which vehicle? M54, M817, M809. M923 is not listed. Need more help sir. Thanks

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now you`re smoking. Thanks Big R. Never did find TM`s for 900 series on this site. Still overlooking it I guess.
Thanks

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet there are all the schematics your looking for in the Technical Manuals. You have read the -10, right?
Just so happens that I have TM 9-2320-272-10 open, and have spent about six hours reading it so far. I might have missed something, but I am pretty sure the electrical schematics are not in that TM. Plenty of function diagrams, but...

I have read all relevant parts of it, just skipped wrecker and expansible van operations. I have scanned the index, and have searched it with Adobe with the terms "electrical, diagram, and schematic".

No findy!

Thanks again to JATonka for generously preserving and hosting these vital TMs. I do read them. If I hadn't, I would have had a cold trip back from Ft Lewis today:grin:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, based on Emmado's suggestion that the diagram ~is in the TMs, I excercised my Search Fu, and;;;

I found it! TM 9-2320-272-24-4 Appendix H-1, Page 819

Last edited:

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beerslayer, I`m gonna recommend you for "genius of the week" for persistently and patiently helping me find a schematic on my M923. Even Papabear coulda done no better. By the way I`m older than Papabear, I think, and live fairly close to him. Anyway, I went to the page you found in TM 9-2320-272-24-4 (819) and there it was. Had to magnify it to 100% and print in sections and tape together, but I got it. Helping fellow soldiers, thats what its all about.
Thanks again

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you guys found it, 98% of all the answers you need are located in the pages of the various TM's that are for your vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks