• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 NHC250 stalls when stopping. Idle seems low too.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do I set the idle higher on the NHC250? Starts right up, but releasing the throttle suddenly it will die, or driving forward or backward and stopping it will die.. I replaced the big canister filter recently but still have the issue. Any suggestions on a sight glass to install in the fuel line before the pump to see if this is air in the fuel?

carlandedith

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like your getting air in your fuel line.
I had the same problem before, it started out with a lose of power then started dying at idle.
My fuel line was coming lose where it feeds into the injection pump

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because the fuel is being sucked from the tank, finding air leaks can be hard. Mine was loosing prime and it made it hard to start. I installed a 24volt electric fuel pump at the tank so I was pushing the fuel up to the engines fuel pump. After running at an idle for a few minutes, we spotted the leak. It was a plastic bypass tube on the fuel pump (I think). I replaced the cracked line with copper and it hasn’t lost prime since. Once I found my problem, I removed the electric fuel pump but left the fittings in place. This way if I ever have to look for an air leak in my fuel system again, I can simply put the electric pump back in to pressurize the system...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks