• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923 no reverse

350TacoZilla

looking at a 923 and states "drove onto lot" and that was all info given, so i drove to check truck out and guy casually goes "yeah runs good but no reverse i think its the linkage". My thing is I dont want to get one of these trucks just to need a massive trans swap, is it entirely possible he is right and linkage needs adjusted? he said it doesnt even try to pull itself backwards just acts like still in neutral.

I have been lurking for awhile and seems like these trans are pretty bulletproof at stock power levels so I wouldnt think reverse would be toast but whats the chances of it?

quickfarms

When previewing a truck you should always check all of the fluids such as oil, water, power steering, fuel and trans. the contrition of the fluid can tell you a lot about the vehicle

Artisan

I might add to smell fluids as well...

If things smell burnt...move on or prepare for R&R

That MT654CR ( I believe ) transmission is prob running motor oil and not DEX 3 FWIW as well.

wsucougarx

Definitely check out all the fluids. Last week a M923A1 with cargo cover sold for a pretty good price. It was a Blount Island USMC truck in somewhat good shape. I smelled the tranny fluid and WOW!! That fluid was burnt! It probably wasn't checked in awhile as the inspection cover was rusted shut. I had to nearly bend the darn panel to gain access. I am sure glad I did because the truck was on my list to bid on.

350TacoZilla

Yeah I wish i would have spent little more time looking it over, I know the fluid can tell you alot about condition if it feels like has grit to it or smells burnt or looks to have water etc.