• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Prime Loss - Air Bubble

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got an atypical issue I've not had before and looking for input. I've got a m923 that keeps getting a small air bubble in the line near the lift pump when the truck is off. It doesn't drain down to the filter, it just forms a bubble enough to stall the engine from a start. I've swapped all the lines from tank to pump, rebuilt the hand pump, tried capping it off, pressurized the tank and fuel lines for leaks (none seen), and it still looses prime to stall out. After another quick crank (maybe 3-5 seconds) it fires up and all is good in the world. I know the air has to come from somewhere but where..? Thoughts?

MtnSnow

you might check your "Return Fuel Check Valve" If it wont seal it will allow fuel to run back to the tank out of the injection pump.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you might check your "Return Fuel Check Valve" If it wont seal it will allow fuel to run back to the tank out of the injection pump.
Also check return lines in tank; mine were rubber & swollen/disintegrating to the point that they were choked shut. I had some solid tubing brazed onto 90-degree return elbows, problem solved. I had same problem as you, and did same repairs you did, but problem still persisted...until I changed out the return lines in tank/tanks (I have 931 with dual tanks).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks