• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 pulling M989 Hemat trailer

PowerstrokeNC

Hope you guys can help...

I hooked up my HEMAT trailer to the 5 ton (M923 A1), completed all the necessary hookups, wiring, air (inc emergency line). Trailer pumped up on airbags all looked good. Tried to pull off & all four wheels are locked (brakes on).

So I checked everything again, made sure all valves were turned on both on the trailer and truck, tried again, still locked.

Tried pushing the emergency brake release on the trailer, nothing happened & still locked.

So I turned off the valve going to the emergency line and disconnected it, still locked.

So then I turned off the main/working line and disconnected it and the front brakes released BUT back brakes still were locked.:?

So I pushed the emergency brake release on the trailer and it popped in and the back brakes released. :?

At this point I am not sure whats going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Derick

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you have the hoses crossed as I hooked them up straight on a m105 as the tm showed and I learned the hard way that was not correct. Most military trailers have the hoses crossed I learned.

goldneagle

Yep what he said! Had that happen to me the first time I hooked up a military trailer to my truck on a recovery. Now I know better! Cross the hoses when hooking up..... :tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks