• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Question

68hunter

unnamed (5).jpg

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what these round tubes with the mounting brackets on top are for? There is one on the driver's side as well, the truck came from Fort Bliss Texas if that matters. :shrugs:

68hunter

Gun mount makes perfect sense, that diagram showed it pretty clearly as well. Thanks very much for the quick response everyone, We just got this truck home last week and are looking forward to putting a few miles on it. I must say the American military builds some pretty cool trucks thats for sure. Now with that question answered I was wondering what is the best cable, and or block and tackle setup to use on my spare tire crane? Was curious if anyone has modified it slightly at all to load cargo in the bed as well?

goldneagle

Gun mount makes perfect sense, that diagram showed it pretty clearly as well. Thanks very much for the quick response everyone, We just got this truck home last week and are looking forward to putting a few miles on it. I must say the American military builds some pretty cool trucks thats for sure. Now with that question answered I was wondering what is the best cable, and or block and tackle setup to use on my spare tire crane? Was curious if anyone has modified it slightly at all to load cargo in the bed as well?
I suggest you download all the TMs and read them. It will answer a lot of your questions. The spare tire assembly uses a 1/2 ton chain hoist to raise the spare into place.

KsM715

just get a small chain hoist from any farm supply type store.

as for modifying for loading the bed check with Gimpyrobb, he has done it. Check post #25 in this thread. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?34231-Head-board-crane&p=1101521&viewfull=1#post1101521

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you could. A bit of over kill to support a light but would work.
Overkill is the name of the game around here. But if you could take them off and trade them for a set of complete warning lights, that would be good. Might be a Win/Win if that is what the OP is looking for.