• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Rear Hydraulic Winch Install

Rescue101

Point can be argued in many directions.If you feel you need 6oK to move something,Build it up. I've moved LOADED tractor trailers with Waaay less winch, like 20,000# Bradens. For quite a number of years(over 50) I have been running winch trucks/wreckers ,every rig we own has a minimum of 5 snatchblocks,the only exception being the 4 car carrier. A Modern 70 ton rotater tow truck will usually sport DP 70's with 35's ,40's or 45's for auxiliaries.........the drag MIGHT be a 60. But I enjoy coming on here and getting another view on life. As I often work alone or with a small crew,I prefer smaller wire to 3/4 or 1 inch that you find on bigger winches. Smaller wire drags a lot easier especially when you're laying out 150 plus feet. For a trailer app you are likely right,since we use a different piece of equipment for that,it's not a concern to us.

Last edited:

tobyS

Are you building an A frame for carrying things? LEt me know if you want to try my PTO/pump (3.9 cu.in./r)(remember pump speed is 1.5x engine rpm. I have a few for driveshaft left too. I still want your bolster wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks