• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Rebuild Tags

sandcobra164

This is a subject of quite a bit of debate. They most always got repainted but these trucks underwent an IROAN rebuild which was Inspect, Rebuild Only As Needed. The only other items that were guaranteed to be replaced were the tires. Engines were pulled and dynoed and if found within specs, likely reinstalled with new belts and hoses and fresh paint. I've heard some great scores on the IROAN trucks and I've read on here trucks that were leaking oil into the coolant from the moment they got their truck. As always, you need to have the truck checked before money changes hands.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Those are MWO tags not rebuild tags, those are put on trucks when minor to major changes are made such as seat belts, Rebuild tags/plates are usually just right of center on the dash and can be inside the drivers door but usually state rebuilt at or repaired at to XXX specs.

68hunter

Thanks for the information . There is actually a rectangular tag inside the drivers door as well that says rebuild date in 2005 in El paso . I guess its pretty hard to know exactly what was done to these trucks over the years. Other than the change of color from green to tan it looks like most of the truck is fairly original to me