• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Recovery @ Camp Robinson, NLR, AR

ARYankee

Well a fellow member bought a really nice M923 at Camp Robinson in NLR, AR. I offered my assistance with his recovery. Going into it we knew there was a possibility that it may need to be towed. I met up with Doubled a wee bit before 9am this morning at the commercial gate. We met up with our awesome GL guy, Sherman, and headed off to the M923. It was sweet :drool::drool::drool: We attempted to get her going but was unable so we decided to tow it to Doubled's parents' place, not too far from base. We got everything hooked up and headed out. It was my first tow so I took it extremely easy. It went great without any issues. We got it to the destination and then we began transplanting the troop seats, bows, and cargo cover from that truck onto mine. Doubled gave me an awesome deal on them which I couldn't refuse :)

After that I headed out to the Little Rock Quarry to pick up some SB2 to fix a crater in my driveway. I got there and got loaded up with 3 tons which I thought was way more than enough. Turns out my thought process on that wasn't totally on point. I got home and got my 2- 8 year old boys to help me fix the crater. They did a fantastic job helping me out. So now the crater is fixed, Doubled's M923 is off base, and I have some nice accessories for my M923.

It was great meeting Doubled and his lovely wife. They are great folks and I look forward to hanging out with them again.

Now here are some photos. Mostly the recovery. Didn't get any of the driveway repair.

Attachments

ARYankee

Of course I threw in some extra shots of all the other MVs there as well :) Just for viewing pleasure.

I also forgot to mention that this wouldn't have happened without weldersam offering up his towbar for the recovery.

Last edited:

cajun666

Well a fellow member bought a really nice M923 at Camp Robinson in NLR, AR. I offered my assistance with his recovery. Going into it we knew there was a possibility that it may need to be towed. I met up with Doubled a wee bit before 9am this morning at the commercial gate. We met up with our awesome GL guy, Sherman, and headed off to the M923. It was sweet :drool::drool::drool: We attempted to get her going but was unable so we decided to tow it to Doubled's parents' place, not too far from base. We got everything hooked up and headed out. It was my first tow so I took it extremely easy. It went great without any issues. We got it to the destination and then we began transplanting the troop seats, bows, and cargo cover from that truck onto mine. Doubled gave me an awesome deal on them which I couldn't refuse :)

After that I headed out to the Little Rock Quarry to pick up some SB2 to fix a crater in my driveway. I got there and got loaded up with 3 tons which I thought was way more than enough. Turns out my thought process on that wasn't totally on point. I got home and got my 2- 8 year old boys to help me fix the crater. They did a fantastic job helping me out. So now the crater is fixed, Doubled's M923 is off base, and I have some nice accessories for my M923.

It was great meeting Doubled and his lovely wife. They are great folks and I look forward to hanging out with them again.

Now here are some photos. Mostly the recovery. Didn't get any of the driveway repair.
what the top speed u can tow with that tow bar

Doubled

Thanks so much for your help ARYankee!!! That was one smooth recovery. You are definantly a stand up guy!!!:beer:

Hopefully we will see ya again soon. Only one of the pictures came out while traveling but here it is.

As for the truck I pulled the starter and the armature was burnt up. Dropped it off at a starter shop when I got back to Jonesboro. The plan is to come back down to LR next Wednesday and re-install it. I'm going to search some post:mrgreen:and see if I can find anything on that brake that was dragging even though it was caged.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!

Attachments

ARYankee

Thanks so much for your help ARYankee!!! That was one smooth recovery. You are definantly a stand up guy!!!:beer:

Hopefully we will see ya again soon. Only one of the pictures came out while traveling but here it is.

As for the truck I pulled the starter and the armature was burnt up. Dropped it off at a starter shop when I got back to Jonesboro. The plan is to come back down to LR next Wednesday and re-install it. I'm going to search some post:mrgreen:and see if I can find anything on that brake that was dragging even though it was caged.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!
I'm just glad that I could help and save you some money on having it towed. I'm glad you got that starter out and that was the problem.

Any time you need some assistance down this way just let me know. It was better than being at work today that's for sure.

ARYankee

I will give some advice if you are going to make up some tow air lines. Find good gladhands. I got some cheapo aluminum ones from a truck stop and they weren't threaded very good. It was a PITA to get it put together but they worked.

Welder Sam

yep. ive used several of them. they fit tight and thread easy. im sure they arent the best but they do good for what i need. ya know. i dont spose ive seen ones that werent al but then again, im not very "worldly" on the subject

ARYankee

I know it was well worth me missing out on a day of overtime at work. I would say the highlight for me was when Sherman told Shirley she could go sit in the humvee. Next thing I hear is it firing up :) That was priceless!!! I bet she is wanting a humvee after that.