• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923 recovery/towing checklist

SCRAP

ok ok so I left at 4 am, went to portsmouth naval yard to get my temporary pass to reach my truck. The man at the pass desk will be refered to as "tardo"for the rest of this discussion. Needless to say he made me wait an hour to tell me I wasnt on the list, then his associate found me in like 2 seconds, he gave me a badge, it was wrong, security confescated it, had to drive back and get another pass......

The good news: truck was listed as "starter bad ran when parked" hooked two jumper boxes to her, checked the oil , had 3/4 tank of fuel, hit the key , and it cranked within seconds ...literally amazing, the battery connection was so loose it wasnt funny. drove truck home almost 200 miles without any drama, however the throttle linkage is not cutting the mustard, the pedal is stiff, does not reach wot, and wouldnt idle. now it idles but I need to fix it asap because the truck struggles to accelerate without full throttle.Cant wait to do the pump mods and wake up that 8.3!! by the way, a truck like this spoils you. it does evertyhing a duece does but better, more speed, softer ride, taller, awesome brakes ,and most important power steering. very happy with this purchase

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Glad you made it home safely. I loved my 923A2. I recovered it from the SeaBee base in Va Beach. My 925A2 came from Portsmouth. Neither one of them were driven home as they were big projects! I think I have turned just about every nut and bolt on a 939A2 truck so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Here are my project threads if you want some "light" reading:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/26369-my-big-m925a2-project-truck-home.html
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/9543-m923a2-came-home-me-today.html

TJP

Great recovery, Have the deuce looking for that 923A can't wait. I will be looking for your pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks