• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Steering Wheel replacement

dannyd2450

Morning everyone! I can't seem to find the topic, so I apologize if I'm discussing something that's already posted somewhere...

I just ordered a replacement steering wheel, it seems like a simple swap out. A few screws... Anyone confirm easy or hidden potentials?

Thanks!

smittyjr355

I wish it was just that simple. you have to take out the 3 horn screws to be able to get the the nut that holds on the steering wheel. Its all easy up to this point. The hard part is getting the steering wheel off the splines with out damaging the steering column itself. If you have trouble pulling the steering wheel it might be best to just "cut" the old one off the shaft.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tms show a special c clamp to pull steering wheel
One end is normal the other is a blunted point.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a mil spec puller kit, its real close the kit you can borrow from Autozone. I'll try a get a picture of it tonight.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks