• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Trans question

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great post Mark! As always, I'm amazed!

Gruemeyer

I was told today by a friend who is a Staff SGT. in the reserves and works full time
repairing these trucks, that if you have the truck in low gear NOT to put the truck in reverse or the trans will litteraly explode from the pressure.
He said just putting it in reverse with it in low gear will make it violently explode.
Has any one heard of this before?

The Emanuel I got with one of my M923. States not to put in reverse in Low gear or Bad things will happen.

Bolkbich

I've put all 4 of my 939's in reverse while in low range MANY times. I didnt abuse the trucks while doing it. Ive backed a loaded dump trailer (80,000 lbs) up a(very tight ,very technical) slope, stopping and starting. I've backed my m932 shorty up a 25 ft high embankment so steep it lost traction and dug in. I think the key to breaking the t-case is all in your right foot. Get a loaded truck stuck and try to power out in reverse and your gonna have a problem - put it in reverse with the engine revved up and your gonna have a problem.... you dont want to shock it at all. Be smooth and you'll be fine.

moriboy

I have also use my 923 in low reverse. Very carefully I might add. I have been moving hay with my truck for 4-5 weeks with no I'll effects. Let me stress I am very careful!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I dug up a reference to the transmission lockout MWO kits in PS Magazine:

https://www.logsa.army.mil/psmag/archives/PS2009/684/684-18-19.pdf

For the M939 and M939A1 series trucks, the kit is p/n 57K3622, NSN 2520-01-473-2742.

For the M939A2 series trucks, the kit is p/n 57K3623, NSN 2520-01-473-2744.

I don't have MWO instructions at this time. I've seen the A2 kit on eBay once before, but I haven't stumbled across an A0/A1 kit yet. I'd like to grab one for my M923, and possibly another for my M936A1 if it doesn't already have one (still waiting on my EUC for it).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks