• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 transfer case oil type

I was wondering what type of oil you guys use in these transfer cases? What seems to work the best and leak the least? If i have a leak rather than put a new gasket could i put oil stop leak in it? I dont mind a little oil coming out of it, I would rather fill her up once and a while rather, than rebuild it or put a whole other one in. Thanks!

GHall

Last I looked I think it was 90 Wt.. The Tm's should have it in there somewhere. The military may have used 30 Wt (the same stuff that comes in the tranny).

Last edited:

emr

The trannys have 10wt, to light for the transfer , I use 5 gal pails of 80/90 with a gal of lucas dumped in, on all diffs and transfer cases .But for sure read the TM's.

Doomsday

I used 80/90 Lucas gear oil. Good stuff, got three 5 gal buckets from Summit Racing for under $300 shipped! Gotta love Summit!