• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Transfer case problem

1SICKMJ

Ok I work at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and we have an M923 and the switch to engage the front axle or the transfercase on the dash leaks gear oil out of the air lines. Is something broken because we un hooked an air line that pressured the tranfercase and the oil stopped going up the hose to the dash. Anyone know what this is or got any hints before we start tearing into it once it gets back from Kahuku Ranch. Thanks in advance.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Howdy. If I had to guess, I would say air is leaking into the t-case from the interlock (red) and is being forced past the seals on the actuator assembly (blue). Check out the air line diagram in volume 4 of the TM to see if there are any other direct air connections to the t-case that could be forcing oil past the actuator. I can't remember off hand and don't have it on my work computer. You can download the TM in the Resources section of SS if you don't have a copy handy.

Attachments

99nouns

Howdy. If I had to guess, I would say air is leaking into the t-case from the interlock (red) and is being forced past the seals on the actuator assembly (blue). Check out the air line diagram in volume 4 of the TM to see if there are any other direct air connections to the t-case that could be forcing oil past the actuator. I can't remember off hand and don't have it on my work computer. You can download the TM in the Resources section of SS if you don't have a copy handy.
These are actually 2 of those on the Tcase, is that the one on top?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be sure which interlock is it first. Solenoids A & C are identical units and I have new replacements for $120 shipped if needed.

airinterlock.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks