• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923 Transmission is making a buzzing sound when I put it in 1st or reverse

acesneights1

I am told this means the transmission is toast ? Please tell me this isn't the case. Sounds like a faint low air warning buzzer. The truck still seems to drive fine in fact it went away at one point.
I should have kept my Deuce.

charger53

Mine makes a vibration noise idling in first or reverse. The trans seems fine and hasnt had any problems. It pulls well and shifts strong. I have always thought it was normal

acesneights1

It is fine, it just needs a trail ride at Weare.
yes it does....
I talked to M & T Transmission. He said because the army used Motor Oil in these sometimes they cavitate a little when you start them up. Nothing to worry about and the noise it gone...
Whew....Dodged a bullet.Of course right after that the a/c in my house crapped out and we are headed for record heat Sunday...:(

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes it does....
I talked to M & T Transmission. He said because the army used Motor Oil in these sometimes they cavitate a little when you start them up. Nothing to worry about and the noise it gone...
Whew....Dodged a bullet.Of course right after that the a/c in my house crapped out and we are headed for record heat Sunday...:(
If it is really cavitation, then I would think you would want to stop it. The pressures involved with creation of those bubbles will eat away softer metals where they form. I guess if it happens on a steel part it may not be an issue. My exposure was with bronze props on my boat.

acesneights1

I asked the guy exactly that because I am a class 3 water system operator and I know all to well what it can do to our pumps but he said it's minor and alot of them do it and not to worry. I guess maybe cause it's oil not water ? I have seen what water cavitation can do to our pumps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks