• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 weird air noise?

serial14

I must bow down to the great knowledge of the SS crowd on this problem. Hopefully the collective wisdom can give me a hint.

I working through the wonderful joys of trying to register my M923A1. Since I don't have things squared away yet I don't drive it too much, just a little around the 'hood each weekend to appease my desire to drive it. So in short... really easy driving. When I first got the truck everything worked perfectly, no leaks, no weird noises, etc. A couple days ago it started making a weird noise and I can't find anything out of place. And since I haven't been beating on the truck, I don't think I caused the problem.

Here is what I know
- It only happens when I'm moving. Stopped it makes no noise.
- Braking, not breaking, etc doesn't make a difference
- It sounds like an air leak.. and like a hose flopping around but I can't find any broken hoses.
- It sounds more related to engine speed rather than vehicle speed.
- My air gauges work and don't indicate that i"m loosing air
- My compressor cycles on and off as expected from normal brake operation. So I don't think that I'm always pumping to keep up with a leak.
- When I'm in the drivers seat, it sounds like the problem is towards the rear of the truck.

Any ideas, suggestions, or solutions?

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look over your air operated fan clutch. There have been a few people with leaks lately.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My lift side windshield wiper was leaking a little and I could hear it off and on.
I had to get my wife in the truck to find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks